Sunday 10 January 2016

The Legacy of Rome Scotland's Roman Remains by Lawrence Keppie.

One of my few resolutions for 2016 was to make a mention of the books I've read which I've rated with 5 or 4 stars. this includes non-fiction books which I've sorely neglected to do in the past. 

I'm now intending to remedy that because I'm reading almost as much non- fiction these days as I am fiction. 


The Legacy of Rome Scotland’s Roman Remains by Lawrence Keppie. 


It's a useful guide book for visiting the sites of Roman occupation and activity in Scotland. Though I didn't actually learn much that was brand new to me, having read a number of Roman Scotland books recently, it's the kind of book that I'll be dipping into again for details on Roman forts; distances between camps; and the driving guide to view some of the sites I haven't yet visited.

I've rated it with 5 stars on Amazon and Goodreads because my 2015 Edition has been well updated, as far as I can tell, and is well edited, the information easily given. I'm sure I can also make good use of the diagrams for forts and camps. The added images and aerial photos are useful prompts, memory jogs for where an item might still be found (i.e. Hunterian Museum) 

Slainthe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)