Thursday 1 January 2015

Ne'erday Greetings to you!

Happy New Year and the very best wishes for 2015!

This is a great time to thank my readers for their support during the past year. Without you popping in, I'd be wondering why I write my blog posts. 

I don't make too many New Year resolutions since it's often impossible to fulfill them but I am going to TRY to post something as often as possible on this blog. There are likely to be on-going developments regarding my writing - 2 re-released novels and 1 new book coming during the first half of 2015 - and lots of exciting domestic changes are also on the cards. 

For today, though, celebrating and ringing in the New Year till 4.30 a.m. didn't make for a really cheery me later in this morning but sometimes needs must. The happy sounds of a chattering 3 year old dragged me out of bed and downstairs at something short of 8.30 a.m. I'll leave you to work out that that amount of sleep will leave me a bit tired by mid-afternoon.

Listening to The New Year's Concert from Vienna has been a morning priority- a tradition started by my hubbie years ago. Stirring Viennese Waltzes never fail to cheer me up, even if they tend to occasionally blast the head. Although I feel fine, other than lack of sleep, I won't be bending down too often today. The champagne was excellent after 'The Bells' but I fear my sluggish state might be due to the combination of some additional red wine earlier on Hogmanay with dinner, and a glass of Orcadian Strubarb wine. It's a sweet dessert-type wine and an acquired taste! Thankfully I don't drink the traditional Scottish Whiskey toast after The Bells because I'd be feeling poorlyb indeed. (Not drinking whiskey isn't very Scottish of me, I know!)

Another tradition we started only a few years ago is being continued later this evening. Instead of having a large family meal at home for Ne'erday we are celebrating with a visit to one of the local Indian Restaurants. I can thoroughly recommend the food at The Boar's Head in Kinmuck and expect it to not disappoint us today. The experience will be interesting since we will have a party of 7 or 8 adults and 2 little kids of 9 months and 3 years around the table.

Till then, I've got some things to do including the writing of 2 guest posts for other blogs, and those 2nd edits to make to 'The Taexali Game'.

Look out for some teasers from my time travel 'The Taexali Game' very soon!
Happy New Year to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)