Friday 9 November 2012

Sarah Grimm interviews today!

I'm welcoming fellow TWRP author, Sarah Grimm, today. If you don't know her read on and find out about this fantastic author whose first two books garnered her great success. 

After that, she's brought the blurb and a great extract from her latest novel After Midnight.

As a young girl, Sarah Grimm always had a story to tell. At times they were funny, other times scary, but they always ended with a happily-ever-after. Sarah spent years scribbling in notebooks, filling the pages with partial chapters and the margins with titles and story ideas. She told friends the characters spoke to her, and that she was compelled to get their stories on paper. Eventually, she sat down at a computer and wrote her first tale of dangerously sexy suspense. That book, Not Without Risk, is a 2011 Readers Favorite Award Winner.

Her second release and the first in her Midnight Heat Series,  After Midnight, recently garnered a Finalist position in the 2012 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence contest.

Sarah lives in West Michigan with her husband, two sons and three miniature schnauzers. Between mom’s taxi service, her day job, and keeping the books for the family marine repair business, Sarah can be found curled in her favorite chair, crafting her next novel.



WHERE YOU CAN FIND SARAH:


Sarah has gamely answered these questions for me: 
If you decided to try to write a new genre or sub-genre what might you have a go at? 
I have an idea for a western historical time travel romance that has been rolling around my head for years. If I were to try to write something else, it would be that book.


Where would you like to set a new novel?
I’m thinking about setting a story in Grand Rapids & Grand Haven, Michigan – the area where I live now. The two cities are only about 45 minutes apart, which it why the book would be set in both cities, not just one.
What bits of a novel do you like doing best?
While at RT 2012, I ran into an author I hadn’t seen in years, who immediately turned to the woman next to her and said ‘OMG, Sarah always has the BEST promotional items! This one year at RWA…’  I love that part – the promoting of the books. I especially enjoy coming up with new, unique promotional items that fit the theme of the book.
You’ve an invitation to a stay in a fabulously expensive hotel- all luxuries available in an exotic hot setting. Which of your characters, or a character in a novel you’ve recently read, would you ask to accompany you?
Noah Clark, the hero from my newest release, After Midnight. Every hero I write has a little bit of my husband in him. Noah, well, he has more of my husband woven into his character than any of the others.
Do you ever have days when you think maybe I’ll not bother doing any more writing? And if the answer is yes can you tell us why?
Yes, I do. On those days when the story just isn’t coming together, the characters have stopped talking to me, and I’ve been staring at the same page for hours – those are the days I wonder if I should just throw in the towel. But then I always realize that even if I never signed another contract, if no one ever read another word I wrote, I would still write. It’s not something I can just stop doing. Why? Because in the end, I write for myself and always have. The fact that I’ve been published and that readers enjoy what I write is just a bonus – the prize in the Cracker Jack box.
In what ways has your life changed since you’ve become a published author?
I’ve met many wonderful people since becoming a published author. People like me, who hear voices in their heads and feel compelled to write down what those people are saying. People who totally ‘get’ the prior sentence and don’t think it makes me sound insane at all. *grin*
What’s your writing goal for 2013?
My goal is to finish the two stories I’m working on and sign contracts for them! 

AFTER MIDNIGHT BLURB:


Thirteen years—that's how long Isabeau Montgomery has been living a lie. After an automobile accident took her mother's life, Izzy hid herself away, surviving the only way she knew how. Now she is happy in her carefully reconstructed life. That is until he walks through the door of her bar...

Black Phoenix singer/front man Noah Clark came to Long Island City with a goal—one that doesn't include an instant, electric attraction to the dark-haired beauty behind the bar. Coaxing her into his bed won't be easy, but he can't get her pale, haunted eyes nor her skill on the piano out of his head.

Can Noah help Isabeau overcome the past? Or will her need to protect her secret force her back into hiding and destroy their chance at happiness?

EXCERPT:

He leaned into her. “If you still want me to stay away from you, you’d better tell me now.”
“Noah?”
“Yeah?”
“Kiss me.”
She didn’t have to ask twice. He dipped his head, settled his lips on hers and plundered. He dragged her against him, and drank in the hot, potent taste of her as he fed on her mouth like a starving man.
She softened, a tiny sound of passion slipping up her throat—an urgent invitation. His pulse leaped. So did other parts of his anatomy. Her fingers burrowed through his hair.
He deepened the kiss, stroking his hands down the sides of her body to settle on her hips. He used them to guide her as he stepped forward once, twice, until her back settled against the trunk of the maple. Awash in the smell of her, the feel of her, he pressed closer, until no space existed between them. Her breasts flattened against his chest, her hips arched into him. Heat from her body flowed into his, sparking a fire. His heartbeat echoed in his head.

BUY LINKS:
Available Now from The Wild Rose Press:
Amazon:


Thank you for answering my questions today, Sarah.  The very best wishes to you for the next in your series. It will be another one to look out for and get onto that TBR pile!

Slainthe!

8 comments:

  1. If...gasp!...if you never wrote another word??? Wait...wait while I pound my chest to get my heart working again. My sweet Sarah, when one is given a talent like yours, one does not simply walk away from it or...her...her...sniff, sniff...readers. You were joking, right? I mean I'm waiting for Dom's story. This is no time to even breath the dreaded phrase "if I never wrote another word." There, now that I've gotten that out of my system, great post, Sarah. No one can write deep emotion like you, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe, Vonnie, it's OK. :) I'll keep writing. I have to, Dom won't leave me alone! He's already displeased because my day job has been taking up too much of my time. LOL

    Thank you, BTW. Your kind words and dedication to Dom made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one of those days yesterday:( Luckily, it passed thanks to my wonderful critique partner. The book looks great, Sara. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books set in Michigan (my home state) and I love the Lake Michigan shoreline. You must set a book there. LOL Wishing you all the best, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. I keep thinking I need to follow through and set a book here. First, I have two WIPs to finish. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi ladies. Sarah definitely needs to keep that pen going! Happy weekend to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend to you, too, Nancy! Thanks for letting me visit with you today.

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)